- Contact your local RCMP or police detachment in advance of your visit
to determine the processing requirements, cost of the service and hours
the service is available in your jurisdiction.
- You must bring a REQUEST FROM COUNCIL
confirming you require this check be completed for licensing purposes.
Print and take this letter with you or your request may not be processed.
- If the police agency will only provide the criminal record check directly
to Council, you may be required to provide a postage paid envelope addressed
to Council. If you do not have a postage paid addressed envelope, your
request may not be processed. It is suggested you determine this in
- If you are requesting a criminal record check from the RCMP in the
Category of Information for Disclosure you must request Categories 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- If the search indicates you may have a criminal record, Council requires
an original criminal record printout. (This is different than a criminal record check.)
The process for obtaining this may vary
between agencies and detachments, so discuss the process with the detachment
you are dealing with.