Criminal Record Check


Who Must Provide a Criminal Record Check

Original criminal record checks must accompany first applications for licensing that are received by Council.

The requirement to provide a criminal record applies to individuals applying for a general, life, A&S or adjuster insurance licence, where:

  • the person has never previously held a licence with Council; OR
  • the person has not held a general, life, A&S or adjuster licence with Council within the past 5 years.

Individuals applying for a Restricted Travel Agent licence are not required to obtain criminal record checks.

It is important to note:

  • Criminal Record Checks provided to Council must be dated within 90 days of the date Council receives the licence application;
  • you must have your Criminal Record Check completed by the municipal police or RCMP detachment where you live;
  • contact the police agency before attending its office to confirm hours of operation, fees and method of payment. Council does not have this information; and
  • when completing your licence application, ensure you read the application instructions carefully, as you still have to disclose your criminal record and details on the application form.
How you apply for your Criminal Record Check depends on where you reside. Click on one of the following links based on your residence address: