Employees or commissioned salespeople of the licensed travel insurance agency do not need to hold a licence if their only insurance-related activity is to sell travel insurance incidental to the ordinary business of the travel agent or wholesaler.
Employees of the licensed travel insurance agency or wholesaler must meet education requirements to qualify for the individual licensing exemption:
2560 Matheson Blvd. East, Ste 226
Mississauga, ON L4W 4Y9
Telephone: 1-888-257-2282│1-905-282-9294 (ext. 128)
- Exam results are valid for a period of 1 year. An individual is not eligible for the licensing exemption and must retake the exam, if:
- He or she has not worked in the travel insurance industry for 1 year after successful exam completion.
- He or she has not been actively involved in the travel insurance industry for 2 or more years.
- The licensed travel agency or wholesaler is responsible for ensuring its exempt employees meet these education requirements.
- Exempt employees must also complete a minimum of 2 hours of continuing education each calendar year, following specific content and record-keeping requirements.
*Council does not have information regarding course costs, delivery methods, or scheduling.