Travel Insurance Licence


Important Notice
To prevent the spread of Coronavirus, the Insurance Council is temporarily conducting business via phone, email and online only. Please see our information about how to submit a Licence Application, including changes to acceptable criminal record checks, on our COVID-19 Update page.


Licensing requirement: Only the travel agency or wholesaler (corporation, partnership, or sole-proprietor), registered under the provincial Business Practices and Consumer Protection Act, must hold a restricted travel agent licence (see Council’s Travel Agent Exemption Notice dated January 5, 2005).

To obtain qualification details, application forms, instructions and fee schedules, click on the type of licence you wish to apply for:

What Class of Insurance Licence Are You Applying For?