Consumer Advice: FAQ
Council is here to help. Find answers to frequently asked questions insurance purchasers have about insurance products, the insurance purchase process, and insurance agents and agencies.
If you have additional questions or concerns about an insurance agent, salesperson, or adjuster, please contact us.
- See licensing details for an individual insurance licensee or company: Search the Licensee Directory for:
- Whether an individual or company is currently licensed as an insurance agent, salesperson, or adjuster in BC, and
- The type of insurance a licensed person or company can sell.
- Look for any disciplinary action taken against an agent, salesperson or adjuster: Search disciplinary decisions.
- Ask for information about disciplinary action taken on an individual, agency, or firm — including any licence restrictions or conditions: Contact our Regulatory Services Department.